We're very proud to announce the release of 0.9 Beta for Windows and macOS! (Download it now here).
Free for Non-Commercial / Indie
Ultralight is now officially free for use in non-commercial, educational products and also free for independent developers making less than US$100,000 in revenue a year. See
LICENSE.txt in the SDK for full terms.
We will be announcing commercial licensing for larger teams later. Contact email@example.com for details.
Community and Chat Now Open
As you may have noticed, we've launched a discussion community so users can get support and interact with the team (currently just me).
We've also got a Slack chat room set up if you prefer that instead. Get an invite here and come say hi!
Ultralight is now available on macOS (via Metal)! Check out the XCode sample project in the SDK for more.
To help simplify application development with Ultralight we have provided basic framework code for Windows (Direct3D 11) and macOS (Metal). Feel free to extend or replace the framework code with your own to suit your application.
Views can now be resized on-the-fly, an example has been implemented in the Browser sample on Windows/D3D.
Basic scrollbars are now implemented, we will be providing support for custom scrollbars soon.
Text selection and dragging support has now been added.
- Fixed crash when destroying Views that are still loading.
- Fixed issue with wrong font weight being passed to
- Fixed flicker issue due to temporary Textures being destroyed even though GPU geometry still referenced the texture ID.
- Added support for XSLT documents/processing.
- Enabled ephemeral local storage / session support (destroyed upon page navigation or reload). May implement persistent storage later.
- Fixed link issue on Windows with
wchar_t is disabled (
/Zc:wchar_t-). Users compiling with this option should use
String16::udata() to get internal data instead.
Lots more is still coming, a few things at the top of our list include:
- Linux support
- Thread-safe API
- Input Method Editor
- Full GIF support
- CSS Shadows
- CSS Filter Effects
- Child Views
- Complex Text Support
- Performance Improvements
- Memory Usage Improvements
- C# / .NET Bindings